Preparing for competitive entry schools
A leading prep school and senior school discuss the kinds of children who thrive in highly academic schools.
Cottesmore prepares pupils for the UK's most academic senior schools; St Paul's is one of the most academically challenging schools to enter. Seeing the issues from both sides, our distinguished panel will discuss topics such as:
- the kinds of children who thrive in highly academic schools, and the kinds that do not;
- how to reduce the stress of taking competitive exams;
- success rates;
- what backup plans should you make?
- should you aim for a scholarship?
- what specialist preparation is needed?
- is academic performance the only entry criteria?
- are special needs a barrier to top schools?